Wednesday, October 07, 2015

OPEN STUDIOS

Open   Studios     is happening this weekend and next weekend.

Spend some time on the next two weekends checking out over a hundred artists, their work and their studios.  The cost for the guidebook which has maps, photos and a picture of the artist's work is $15.

I have a couple free ones.

This year during the next two weekends I will be working on a pair of arched windows They will go over the doors to my studio.


Here is the drawing I am working from. The woodwork will be extensively carved in an Art Nouveau style. The small interior dividers will be lead came.

 I plan to sprinkle a fine indigo frit on a large sheet of glass and then fuse it hopefully creating a gradient from clear and wavey glass at the bottom of the window to an intense prussian blue arcing across the top. I can then cut that sheet up and solder it into this leaded glass window.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.


Right now I am in the process of creating the rough frame out of salvaged old growth redwood. It's looking a little scary. 

I'm still confident.


My shop floor was custom painted by Jackson Pollock during one of his darker moments.


1 comment:

patrickgracewood said...

Mark, I'm looking forward to visiting your studio during Open Studio.
The windows are going to be beautiful.